Persistence they say pays up, always.
When you are a new company, a startup, a fear of a large corporation doing something along the same lines as yours is a fear you might live in. Hey! It might even make you wonder more than a few times to rethink what you are doing, or plan to do!
But if you are sure of what you are doing, believe in it, and you plan well, you are sure to succeed. Howsoever small you might be, if you know what you are doing, theres no stopping you.
Take for example as Seth Godin talks about Squidoo. Google launched Knol in Summer of 2008, and though not exactly but it was looked as a Squidoo killer by many, and that in itself is a scary feeling.
Our tiny team was in the headlights of a very big company.
But when you stand your ground, focus on customers, delivering what you promise; you are not hurt as much as people predict you would be.
Knol is going out in a few months time, but Squidoo is still running fit & fine.
- Q&A: Seth Godin Says the Profitable Squidoo Has Grown 50 Percent in the Last 6 Months (allthingsd.com)
- 3 Places To Get Your Articles Published Today (smallbusinessmavericks.com)
- When Google comes calling… (sethgodin.typepad.com)
- This is why you’re not Seth Godin. (businessesgrow.com)
- After Google Wave, KNOL to be discontinued (scienceintelligence.wordpress.com)
- Do You Squidoo? (iknowwhathuntsyou.wordpress.com)
- Google shuts down Knol – Can WordPress be(come) a viable scientific publishing platform? (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Google Knol Is Dead (smallbusinessmavericks.com)